Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Larter Bob Larter is offline

Default Problem with Sony KV-T25SZ8 TV when turning on

TonyS wrote:
Bob Larter wrote:
Sylvia Else wrote:

Accumulated dust &/or smoke on the EHT circuitry & the back of the
CRT. Take the back off the TV & see if you can see any arcing.

I would. It most likely needs nothing more than cleaning out all the
gunk.

It's been a long time since I fixed my CRT TVs. But, wasn't it that the
picture expanded when the HV briefly collapsed when arcing? I can't see
this happening in the video.

I would expect the image to shrink horizontally &/or lose brightness
during arcing.