Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Bandsaw tension gauge

"CW" wrote in message
m...

"Leon" wrote in message

wrote in message
My birthday is coming. My usual gift to me is some sort of tool
that I need but haven't bought yet. I am thinking of a bandsaw tension
gauge.

The Iturra folks have one for $150. All others are way above that.

So... what should I buy? Or do I really need one?

MJ

Go for gold, Get a Laguna HD series band saw, it has the tension gauge
built in. And those saws will make you look at a band saw in an entirely
different way.

I used to use one at work that would cut a strait line (no kerf
deflection) in 7 inch thick titanium. After that, every other bandsaw
seems kind of wimpy.

Exactly, but wait till you se one cut through 7 inches of "Diamond".