Phisherman

Default Tablesaw Safety question!

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 07:31:53 -0500, "George"
wrote:

I take advantage of a bit of play in the slot, cutting with pressure right,
drawing back with pressure left. If I forget, no great sweat, as the edges
of the teeth are the only possible point of contact, and they are pushing
the piece into the table.

Greater danger lies in reaching to clear the cutoff.

Yeah. It is tempting to take away the cutoff piece. Norm gave me the
willies a couple times remove the cut-off piece with his fingers. I
either turn off the saw and "freeze" until the blade stops or slide
the cutoff away from the blade using one of my narrow pushsticks. I
keep 3 or 4 different pushsticks on my Beisemeyer fence, wher ethey
are easy to use and convenient. Safety has a lot to do with working
without being in a rush.