Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheOldFellow TheOldFellow is offline

Default tennis elbow...

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 23:43:33 +0100
"nightjar" cpb@insert my surname here.me.uk wrote:

A cortisone injection (which I am guessing it was) does, as the doctor says,
often take a few days to have effect.

I was given the tip by a nurse to have a very hot long bath after having
a cortisone for Tennis Elbow (I call it Carpenter's Elbow). First time
I did it - three hours later no pain. Second time I forgot - two weeks
before the pain went. Not a statistically valid sample, I know.

The other thing I have found good as a preventative for Inflamed
Tendons is Tai Chi. Very good for strengthening the tendons without
inflaming them.

But these symptoms are very severe, and worrying. I'd be at A&E fairly
pronto.

R.