Posted to rec.woodworking
CW[_3_] CW[_3_] is offline

Default Bandsaw tension gauge

"Leon" wrote in message

wrote in message
My birthday is coming. My usual gift to me is some sort of tool
that I need but haven't bought yet. I am thinking of a bandsaw tension
gauge.

The Iturra folks have one for $150. All others are way above that.

So... what should I buy? Or do I really need one?

MJ

Go for gold, Get a Laguna HD series band saw, it has the tension gauge
built in. And those saws will make you look at a band saw in an entirely
different way.

I used to use one at work that would cut a strait line (no kerf deflection)
in 7 inch thick titanium. After that, every other bandsaw seems kind of
wimpy.