Posted to rec.woodworking
Tanus Tanus is offline

Default Bandsaw tension gauge

wrote:
My birthday is coming. My usual gift to me is some sort of tool
that I need but haven't bought yet. I am thinking of a bandsaw tension
gauge.

The Iturra folks have one for $150. All others are way above that.

So... what should I buy? Or do I really need one?

MJ

No idea what you need, or want. Or whether it's a 'should'.

It's a birthday, and the way I consider that, is to think about what
someone dear to me might buy. I almost never get something that I truly
need, but I often get something that I want, or something the gifter
thinks I might want.

If you're treating yourself, I think it's the time to go for what
tickles your fancy. And that doesn't need analysis. You just feel it.

Tanus