Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT plastic issues

On Aug 13, 10:50*pm, "Gary Owens" wrote:
My mothers walker has 2 Teflon ski's on the rear legs. They last about 3
months (tennis balls last about a week). I don't mind buying new ones, but
looking at the worn ones, the only issue is the 1/4 inch of ware on the
bottom. Seeing I have some Teflon, and delron sitting on a shelf in the
shop, I wondered why can't I fix them, but what do I use to glue 2 pieces of
Teflon together ???

Gary

As others have said, teflon is tough to glue. I would consider making
replacement bits that would attach with countersunk screws. Might
only last six weeks before the screws start to contact the floor, but
would be easy to make and attach.

Dan