Posted to uk.d-i-y
BigWallop[_2_] BigWallop[_2_] is offline

Default High level bog cistern

Tim S wrote:
BigWallop coughed up some electrons that declared:

It seems it is going to have to be the done thing in this case. But
you can hide a small block of timber at the back of the cistern, so
it doesn't have
to be a full length batten sticking out at either side. I hope. It
is just to re-align the cistern to match the pipe, right?

Yes - that's what I was thinking. I eased the mounting holes out with
a diamond file before the first hanging (they weren't straight
either) so it's got a little bit of pivot on the M8 studs.

That's what I'll do then - a bit of 18mm hidden behind the lower back
and frame packers on the studs to tweak it until it's right. It's
probably a good thing to pull it up against plastic and wood rather
than plaster if it's not perfectly regular. And a bit of air flow
behind it should avoid condensation.

The gap won't be at all obvious as it's of a design that doesn't sit
tight to the wall at the edges anyway.

BTW I'm rejoicing at using resin studs - makes demounting and
remounting a trivial excercise

I made a nice template out of a scrap of 4x2" with 2 square-on 8mm
holes to locate the studs whilst the resin set. The 4x2 was held on
to two temporary battens on the wall (making lining up a breeze and
ensuring the studs were square and mm perfect. I'll be using that
trick again.

Thanks

Tim

You're becoming more than a DIYer, Tim, me man. Starting to use jigs to
line things up is starting to get into the professional arena. :-) lol

A couple of millimetres either way in any project is always a sign of
perfection.