Posted to alt.home.repair
Josh[_5_] Josh[_5_] is offline

Default Ridiculous FHA rules

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 10:57:34 -0400, "Oscar" wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Oscar" wrote:

Now read the addendum, I'm not copying/pasting for your convenience.
http://realestate.utah.gov/REForms/N...A_addendum.pdf

IOW, you don't have Adobe Acrobat, and therefore are unable to
copy/paste from a pdf.

There, correct user. Anyways, you're wrong, and I have no intentions of
sharing with someone too lazy to read facts.

BTW, I've addressed it more than once. There's been a couple other
people
address it also, you must not be reading through the thread, or you have
them blocked.

I see your lips moving, but I don't hear you answering my question. Here
it is again:

Did the OP sign a contract agreeing to fix the paint issue, or did he
sign a contract saying that he would fix the paint issue IF HE HOPED TO
SATISFY THE CONDITIONS OF THE SALE ???????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????

If you can answer THAT QUESTION, without using the words FHA, or
ADDENDUM, then I'm all ears.

So, you want to know about the FHA appraiser/inspector discretion per FHA
addendum, but don't want to hear about FHA. You need a lot more help than I
can give you on Usenet.

Oscar, nobody's disagreeing with you that FHA sales have an addendum
to the sales contract, that FHA criteria are strict and can't be
waived by the buyer, or that the seller may have to do unlimited
repairs if they want to sell to this FHA buyer.

What some are disagreeing with is the assertion that once you accept
the FHA offer (with addendum), the seller is all of a sudden obligated
to spend unlimited amounts on repairs to pass the inspection (perhaps
beyond the sale price), or face breach of contract charges. That
simply isn't true. Obviously, if the seller put "up to $1000" on the
addendum, and then refused to even spend that much, they could perhaps
be sued, but beyond that amount ($0 if not provided), the seller can
always refuse additional repairs, FHA or not, provided they're willing
to return the deposit (because at that point, the buyer isn't
breaching the contract by backing out) and find another buyer (or this
buyer finds alternate financing).

Josh