Posted to alt.home.repair
PatM PatM is offline

Default Ridiculous FHA rules

On Aug 13, 9:29*am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,

wrote:
On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 19:12:23 -0700 (PDT), rile
wrote:

We are selling a house to a buyer using an FHA mortgage. *There is a
rule, because of lead paint, that any house built before 1978 cannot
have any "peeling, checking or flaking paint".

The property has no
lead paint....all buildings have been repainted since the late 80's.

* *Unless you removed ALL paint put on before the 80's and then
repainted the raw surfaces, you could have lead paint. *It need not be
currently exposed. * A child will chew or teeth on painted surfaces
and the lead on old paint can e consumed.

* *If I am wrong about my interpertation

*...

So you're not sure whether this quote:

There is a
rule, because of lead paint, that any house built before 1978 cannot
have any "peeling, checking or flaking paint".

means

a. *any house built before 1978 cannot have any "peeling, checking, or
flaking paint."

or

b. *any house with lead paint has to have all the lead paint removed?

contained or abated; but not removed.