Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Randy Randy is offline

Default Drilling Aluminum and Concrete...

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 13:58:41 -0400, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

I get all kinds of requests... And this one has me stumped.

A customer was at a Football stadium and noticed a contractor with a
dual-headed hammer drill on a jog of some sort. It was used to make the
holes for the stadium seating.

He wants to buy one from me (not gonna happen!) but I told him I'd point him
in the right direction.

On topic portion - He swears they went through the aluminum and concrete
with the same bit and stroke and it was 100% definitely a hammer-drill when
it got to the concrete (not just spinning, but pecking in and out and
impacting the concrete).

Anyone heard of such a thing?

dual headed as in this https://www.dualdrill.com or twin spindle?

I'm guessing the jog is a jig, and the holes would already be in it
and if the jig sat on top of the seat legs the holes were most likely
already in them too, so the concrete would be the only thing that
needed drilling. OR.... can you find out more info?

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.