Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default 'T' hinge of sorts?

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 16:34:21 +0100, Bob Minchin
wrote:

I would describe what I have as bi-fold. There is a half door hung off
the door frame (and this is normally bolted shut) and full door hung of
the half door which is used for normal everyday entry.
Three hinges per pivot.

And does the 'main' door open inwards or outwards Bob?

I did similar with my workshop doors. It came with an 8' square
up_and_over that only I could open and close (6'2" and gibbon arms).

I built a 6'6" high steel sub frame with opening wired-glass windows
above and 3 equal sized steel doors below. The l/h door is the
personal door and is hinged on the lhs. The right two doors, if you
took the first one would only open as one big door (as the hinges
where the doors join are on the inside). So, if you want to open them
folded you have to pull out there they join and middle door folds back
on the rhs door (inside to inside). That is what I thought was Bi-Fold
but it could well mean any doors folding back on themselves?

Cheers, T i m