Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default In-line power connector

In article
,
Bolted wrote:
Smallest locking that comes to mind is the LNE series. These have the
same bodies as XLR mic connectors but are for mains. Think the body
needs an earth, though. Not cheap.

Thanks. Not approved in domestic situations, I think, and the earth
is an issue too.

They're not approved but are fairly safe - especially if RCD protected.
They were used under hazardous conditions in broadcast for many a year.
They'd also be safe without an earth if properly wired. Which to be fair
might be beyond the skills of some DIYers.

It led me to Neutrik Powercon, but they don't seem
to have an inline pair option, and they are a bit garish. All a bit
large, too. Hoped that Fischer might do something, but that's all
signal stuff.

No - we had to make up our own line outlets for Powercons.

Hmm. Come to think of it as I write, the shades probably hang off the
lampholder in the normal way. If so, I can just put lampholders on
both sets of flex and swap the shades over.

--
*Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.