Posted to uk.d-i-y
js.b1 js.b1 is offline

Default SWA with copper grinning/shining thro cores along length

On Aug 13, 10:25*am, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:
Reminds me -- had a scare-style flyer from the local former
electricity board _warning_ householders that their wiring
might not conform to 17th Ed regs, and they'd come and check
it if you asked.

Can *we* send one to the former electricity boards?

"Warning - electricity boards have electrical supply infrastructure
that does not conform to ESQC, such as supplying properties from a
neighbour's cutout and junctions under driveways" :-)

Posted it to BASEC, will report if anything interesting.
I got some TF Kable (TeleFonika) from Edmundson which was perfect

Screwfix advertise Prysmian SWA (& FTE 6242H & 6242BH) so it is easy
to get "known stuff" on the highstreet.