Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default lawn edger

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 22:31:49 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
So the new place is in a civilized neighborhood, and I'm thinking of
acquiring a real edger. She has a manual type but it's tiring to use. I
edged once with the string trimmer but went through a lot of string.

Craigslist has some used electric and gas powered edgers; I'm inviting
feedback on brands or styles to look for or avoid.

does your sidewalk have a whole mess of overgrowth? For the first
go-round I've found it easier to use a sidewalk scraper and just cut
through all the stuff at the edge of the sidewalk. edger is really only
good for neatening up after it's already relatively neat.

nate

The B&D edger I used to have would cut thru ANYTHING. It had a motor
the size of a skill saw and a metal blade about 6" long. It made a
beautiful edge cut. Loaned it to my sister in law and never saw it
again. Switched to a string cutter because its more versatile.