Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - cell phone advice

The Daring Dufas wrote:
aemeijers wrote:
Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
SMS wrote:

Tony wrote:

Any cell phone I've ever heard of can always call 911 even if it's
not paid, registered or whatever. If you keep it in the car,
better have a charger that plugs into the cig lighter. Actually my
brother just told me there is a cheap low wattage $10 inverter so
you can use the free 120VAC charger in the car and never buy
another special car charger again.
That's an odd way to save the $3-5 cost of a car charger.

Hey I could use a $3-5 car charger for my cell. Where's the best
place to buy one?

Goodwill or Salvation Army. Seriously. They usually have a basket on
the shelf of various chargers and cords.
That is where I got my current one, after I accidentally donated my
old one along with a box of orphan phones to one of those 'cell phones
for at-risk people' programs. Boy was I ****ed when I tried to plug up
the incorrect charger I held on to, and found the plug was the wrong
diameter. Garage sales are another good source- I haven't been at a
sale in years that didn't have at least one baggie of cell phones and
cords.

Side rant- why don't they standardize chargers?

--

Believe it or not, the manufacturers have actually gotten together
to set a standard for chargers before the government does it for

TDD

OOPS! Looks like it may only be for the EU and Apple seems to
have agreed to go along.

TDD