john moorhead

Default Identifying plastics

Folks -

I picked up a sheet of plastic ~1/4 thick for use as part of a fence and for
shielding, and I am wondering if I got the right stuff... There are no
trademarks or anything on the blue plastic film protecting the plastic, so I
don't know if it's plexiglass, acrylic or what. I am pretty sure it's not
Lexan as they had other sheets of plastic with the Lexan trademark all over
the film.

How can I identify what I have? I don't want something that will shatter
with a sharp impact ala a kickback, etc. I understand the Lexan is good,
but the stuff they had there didn't look like it was over 1/16" and pretty
small sheets.

If there isn't a way to identify what I have, what type of plastic should I
look for to use as a guard or for clear parts of jigs, safety tools and the
like?

Thanks in advance,

John Moorhead
Lakeport, CA