Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default OT - cell phone advice

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
SMS wrote:

Tony wrote:

Any cell phone I've ever heard of can always call 911 even if it's not
paid, registered or whatever. If you keep it in the car, better have a
charger that plugs into the cig lighter. Actually my brother just told
me there is a cheap low wattage $10 inverter so you can use the free
120VAC charger in the car and never buy another special car charger again.

That's an odd way to save the $3-5 cost of a car charger.

Hey I could use a $3-5 car charger for my cell. Where's the best place
to buy one?

Goodwill or Salvation Army. Seriously. They usually have a basket on the
shelf of various chargers and cords.
That is where I got my current one, after I accidentally donated my old
one along with a box of orphan phones to one of those 'cell phones for
at-risk people' programs. Boy was I ****ed when I tried to plug up the
incorrect charger I held on to, and found the plug was the wrong
diameter. Garage sales are another good source- I haven't been at a sale
in years that didn't have at least one baggie of cell phones and cords.

Side rant- why don't they standardize chargers?

--
aem sends...