Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default lawn edger

On Aug 10, 8:33*pm, Smitty Two wrote:
So the new place is in a civilized neighborhood, and I'm thinking of
acquiring a real edger. She has a manual type but it's tiring to use. I
edged once with the string trimmer but went through a lot of string.

Craigslist has some used electric and gas powered edgers; I'm inviting
feedback on brands or styles to look for or avoid.

On my Echo I got the thickest line I could , its maybe 120 and doesnt
wear much edging. We had the 25 yr old BD electric edger out last
week, first time in 20 yrs, it took 45 minutes to do what an edger can
in 5 since I was cutting deep for the first time in years, and running
a heavy power cord for the 1.25hp motor was not fun.