Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Identifying mold

On Aug 12, 3:03*pm, Simon wrote:
Our basement flooded twice in the past month. The last flood was about
two weeks ago. A few days ago a dark green fur appeared along the
bottom of our walls in the basement. Also there was a greyish fluff on
the bottom on the ground in several spots.

If you visit this link you can see pictures of what i'm talking about:http://www.flickr.com/photos/41431751@N06/

Is this mold? Is there anyway I can check for sure?

We've only been living in the building since July and there was no
indication of mold until now. Is it possible for mold to appear so
quickly?

What would be the best way to clean it, if it is mold?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sure its mold, spray it with laundry bleach and get a dehumidifier,
identifying it is not important lowering humidity is.