Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen[_6_] Stephen[_6_] is offline

Default radiator sizes

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:49:54 +0100, "Roger Mills"
wrote:

You need to do it as several bits - just as you would an L-shaped room - and
add them together. So you'll have a downstairs bit, an upstairs bit and a
two-storey bit where the stairs are. Obviously where two bits meet in fresh
air, you need to create a 'wall' which has a U value of zero - but the
temperature will be the same on both 'sides', so it doesn't really matter.

That's what I thought but I wanted to double check: I am doing the
right thing by specifying the hall radiator to heat all of the hall,
stairs, and landing?

The stair section will be triangular because at the bottom of the
stairs the height is two storeys but at the top it is only one. What
is the best way around this? Use a measurement of half the base x the
height?

I had a look at the heatingshop url you gave but their web site is
confusing; it would be easier if you didn't have to add supplements
depending if you bought a single, double, or one and a half size
radiator.

BTW did you see the reply from Quinn; what did you think?

Thanks again.