Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob G[_3_] Rob G[_3_] is offline

Default modifying a bathroom extraction fan to have a separate pull cord.

On 11 Aug, 00:23, Adrian C wrote:
Rob Horton wrote:
The best solution to me seems to remove the fan from the light switch
and give it, it's own separate pull cord switch with a neon indicator so
that you can tell if the fan is actually on or in time out.

I have the same problem (with a fussy relative), and solved it with a
pull switch series wired before the fan isolator switch. This switch
(inside the bathroom but away from unsafe zones) has a neon indicator
that neatly shows whether the fan is powered for timeout use, or
disabled for nuisance control.

--
Adrian C

I think I've scanned through the posts enough to be sure I'm not
repeating something someone has said.

Replace the fan with one that has a humidistat and a pull cord. I
abandoned the light switched variety many years ago for all the
reasons you have given - and am possibly in defiance of the rules as
the bathroom has a non-opening window.

Have a look at these people

http://www.rdlproducts.com/contents.htm

Sometimes the required item appears on Ebay.

Rob