Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ridiculous FHA rules

On Aug 11, 12:49*pm, "Oscar" wrote:
"Big Jim" wrote in message

Their lawyer would have seen that during attorney review and killed the
deal ASAP. *If I
were the homeowner, my lawyer would be earning his pay and I certainly
wouldnt get jerked around by what seems to be a fishy sounding
inspection process.

You really don't have a clue. When you enter into a contract to sell
FHA/VA, your laywer can't make exceptions. You either sell FHA/VA, or you
don't, it's that simple.

I suggest you don't reply to threads, to which you have no knowledge. The
more you reply, the bigger idiot you become.

Even a sales contract with FHA financing almost certainly has a limit
to the dollar amount of repairs that a seller is obligated to make.
And certainly every contract SHOULD have such a clause. The seller
should check his contract, read it and see what it says. If he gets
an expensive quote to remedy the paint situation that's over the
limit, he has an out.

It's simply not the case that if you have an FHA buyer the seller is
on the hook to fix anything and everything just because some FHA
inspector requires.

Also, from a practical standpoint, if he offers to return the sellers
deposit in full and call it quits, there is a good chance the seller
will walk. Their alternative, to suit for specific performance,
while their deposit money is sitting in escrow, is not a particularly
good option.