Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Circuit went out - how much to fix?

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Red Green wrote:

Turn off the breaker.
Now see what else is not working.
Note the additional outlets that are not working.

Covers "a)"

Remove (not disco) most probable (closest) WORKING outlet next to an
always dead outlet.
Turn on power.
Test for power on both sides of the outlet.
If power only on one side then this is the bad outlet.
If power on both sides then see next.

Covers "b)"

Turn off power
Remove (not disco) most probable (closest) NON-working outlet next to
the previously tested outlet.
Repeat testing as above.
Repeat moving to next dead outlet.

Not foolproof that you find it doing this but a high probability.

Post back with results.

I hope you don't mind an overview.

The problem is most likelyto be found in: a) The last good outlet on
the daisy-chain or b) The first failed outlet on the same chain. These
instructions are designed to discover which.

See my inserts above. Thanks for expanding on exactly what is being
done. Clear to you and I but not the OP. I kinda forgot that, duh...