Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default I told you so: Taliban winning in Afghanistan

HeyBub wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:

Yes, it was -- but tactically, it was badly bungled. And it took our
attention
away from destroying the people who attacked us on Sept. 11.

If you mean Osama ben Laden, it was NEVER the goal of the United
States to capture or kill Osama ben Laden.

The singular goal of the United States was to prevent an attack on the
United States or its interests abroad. To accomplish this goal,
several tactics were undertaken at the same time to disrupt or
destroy our enemies communications, funding, recruitment, training,
and sanctuaries and to deter those who would assist our enemies.

And incidentally, to recruit and motivate a few new generations of terrorists
that hate our country.
Not just in Iraq, but also around the world.

The war on Iraq has probably benefitted Al Queda and Iran more than the U.S. We
certainly removed Iran's biggest enemy. And created a perfect recruiting ground
and training ground for Al Queda. At the same time as we destroyed the U.S.
ecomony with useless expenses.

Iraq was no threat to the U.S. They couldn't even fly a plane without our sayso.

But go ahead - keep parroting the Republican talking points.