Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Ridiculous FHA rules

"Robert Neville" wrote in message
news
aemeijers wrote:

Can't address the FHA part, but here in MI, I asked a lawyer buddy about
hiring a real estate lawyer when I bought this place. He said not to
bother- in MI they use boilerplate contracts when you buy through a
realtor and title company, and They Will Not Change Them. Legal term is
'take it or leave it'. Private-party sales, of course, would be different.

Yep. Use of a lawyer in residential real estate transactions is definitely
regional thing. Common in New England and a few other places.

Maybe it is. When I was buying and selling a couple of houses about 5 years
ago in NC I was told I had to have a lawyer to complete the deal. I even
had 'cash' money and still could not buy a house without the lawyer.