Peter Parry

Default Screwfix

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 20:00:42 GMT, Rick Dipper
wrote:

They say (terms and conditions item 3)
"Immediately prior to despatch of the goods to you, title in the goods will pass to you."

So they give my goods to a carrier of thier choosing, and if the carrier does not deliver, then its my problem.

That is correct if you ordered in a company or trade name or on a
trade account.

The carrier will not dicuss title of the goods with me,
as I am not the customer, Screwfix are, and in their eyes only their customer can lay claim to the goods.

That is also correct.

They are now telling me, that if the foods are lost before they collect I have to pay,

You have to pay whatever happens to the goods unless you return them
safely - the risk is with you now. Welcome to the Sale of Goods
Act.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/