Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default OT - cell phone advice

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 18:08:47 -0700, SMS
wrote:

[snip]

Is there anything wrong with Virgin Mobile, other than limited
coverage area?

1. High per minute cost (recently increased)
2. High texting rates (they used to have the lowest texting rates)
3. Comparatively high monthly minimum (not really suitable for a glove
compartment phone).

That last one is important since I do want this for occasional use
(glove compartment phone).

I'm wanting to get a phone that works in Brownwood Texas. It's 49
miles off the interstate highway, and neither AT&T or Verizon provide
coverage there. According to their map, it looks like Virgin does.

Yeah, there are a very few areas where Sprint is the only major carrier,
and it looks like you found one!

I found out that Virgin does NOT cover Brownwood (Sprint does, but
it's roaming).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent
force for atheism ever conceived." -- Isaac Asimov