Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-Obamas Healthcare

On Aug 12, 7:05*am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
wrote in message

On Aug 11, 8:30 pm, "John R. Carroll" wrote:

snip

If you're happy with your coverage and doctors, you can keep them.8 But
the
new public plan will expand choices to millions of businesses or
individuals
who choose to opt into it, including many who simply can't afford health
care now.

If the government plan is subsidized by the government, it will be
more attractive to have than private insurance. *And private insurance
will disappear. *If the government plan is not subsidized by the
government, it will be just as expensive as what we already have and
which many can not afford.

I didn't read this whole post, Dan, but this point is demonstrably
incorrect. Right now we have Medicare co-existing with at least two types of
private insurance ("Medicare supplemental" and full-blown PPOs that pick up
where Medicare leaves off; and some well-off people have a private plan that
completely duplicates and supercedes Medicare.)

And if private insurance should eventually disappear, boo-hoo. It's a foul
institution as it is.

--
Ed Huntress

In this case you are flat wrong. Medicare does not co-exist with any
plan that competes with it. The two types of plans that are for
ordinary people are supplements and do not compete toe to toe with
Medicare. So your point is demonstrably incorrect.

Let me know when you find a plan that I can choose and not pay
anything for medicare. And let me know how to file for all the money
I paid into Medicare.
I might not have paid into Medicare if you had pointed out that I had
a choice of another plan.

You bias to eliminate private insurance is noted.

Dan