Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default lawn edger

In article ,
Phisherman wrote:

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 18:33:08 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

So the new place is in a civilized neighborhood, and I'm thinking of
acquiring a real edger. She has a manual type but it's tiring to use. I
edged once with the string trimmer but went through a lot of string.

Craigslist has some used electric and gas powered edgers; I'm inviting
feedback on brands or styles to look for or avoid.

Once I observed a man walking backward with a string trimmer. He
held the weed wacker so the string spun vertically. I mimicked what I
saw everytime I edge (about every two weeks) to make a perfect edge. I
use a small gas-powered Weedeater for an acre lot.

Maybe my electric trimmer is too wimpy. It does make a nice edge, using
it that way, but I spent 80% of my time unjamming the line feed after
the string broke.