Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default OT - cell phone advice

Roger Shoaf wrote:
My vote is for Net10. The phones are cheap, and the air time is 10 cents a
minute. You might want to check their web site for coverage in your area
but I went on a 2700 mile road trip and it worked everywhere except the very
boonies.

Net10 is good for a moderately heavy user, but the minimum monthly cost
is $15 which is pretty high. The 10 cent a minute cost is also rather
high. On the plus side, they do allow roaming off of AT&T onto other GSM
networks at no extra cost.

For a phone that is more likely to work in the boonies, albeit at extra
cost per minute, use Tracfone CDMA phones, or PagePlus, or Verizon InPulse.