Posted to sci.electronics.repair
root root is offline

Default WTF with my computer clock?

Ray L. Volts wrote:

More on point, I have an old W2K machine -- Abit KT-7 RAID mobo that I
had to recap -- that loses about 10mins every couple weeks. It isn't a
"mission-critical" machine and isn't online often, but I don't mind
occasionally resetting its clock.

Once a week I run a cron program that streamrips a radio program. I want
to get the start of the program [prairie home companion]. At 20 minutes
a day time loss, I have to sync the time just before I want to start
recording. So far I have set two additional cron jobs, one at the start
of the particular day, then one 15 minutes before the program begins.
It is like using a sledge hammer for everything I do.