Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
Mark Zacharias[_2_] Mark Zacharias[_2_] is offline

Default Newsgroup death spiral

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Mark Zacharias" wrote in message
I used to spend a lot of time perusing the likes of
sci.electronics.repair, rec.audio.tech, etc but anymore it seems just
about everyone has left the room for good, except the spammers of
course...

Any good electronics repair forums you guys like?

(those of you still around here that is...)

Mark Z.

Don't leave this one Mark. Your input and experience on hifi service is
much valued, not only by the amateurs I suspect, but the rest of us who
are also involved professionally at the sharp end of this sort of service
work. Overall, I still think that this group is one of the better ones,
with some very good people experienced in a wide range of electronic,
electrical, and electro-mechanical disciplines, still contributing.

People always come and go, and sometimes disappear for months on end
before coming back. Activity always drops a bit in the summer months, as
people have grass to cut, and barbecues to have ... :-)

Arfa

Not so much leaving as wanting to hear more from the techs. Haven't had much
luck filtering the spam using Windoze Mail, which along with OE previously,
has all my old postings and others in the various message folders.

I can visually scan the list of messages in a given newsgroup and filter
accordingly, the trouble is there just aren't many relevant posts any more.
Often I'll see fifty spam posts along with one or two legitimate posts which
mostly don't even relate to my areas of interest. So many of our best seem
to have left the room for good.

Once upon a time I might make several posts in any given day which might
have some relevance or actually help someone. I was typing away so much my
wife almost thought I was fooling around! Nowadays it's down to about one or
two posts per week tops.

Mark Z.