Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Separating an exhaust.

In article ,
Bob Minchin wrote:
Get some graphite penetrating fluid in there the night before. Loosen
the clamp, remove flange end and try to apply rotation to that end.
Being SS I think it will move quite easily. I feel that hitting it in
whatever controlled way is likely to distort it. Another way if that
fails is to remove the clamp, run the engine to get it nice an hot and
then aim a hose at the joint. The shock might just part it. Downside is
that it will be hot and you wont be able to apply any hand force on it.

Snag is I've already removed the front of the system including manifolds
for other reasons so running the engine isn't an option. I could try a hot
air gun, though.
I've given it a good soak in penetrating oil and will see how it goes. As
you rightly said It would be better to avoid hammers of any sort.

--
*The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.