Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default radiator sizes

Stephen wrote:

One last question: I have been using the Barlo calculator to calculate
the radiators I need. I am unsure what to do about the hall. Aren't
hall, stairs, and landing all one thing? Heat from the radiator at the
foot of the stairs will rise. How do I go about entering ceiling
heights and wall lengths to get a suitably sized radiator (there is
no radiator on the landing). Thanks.

You need to do it as several bits - just as you would an L-shaped room - and
add them together. So you'll have a downstairs bit, an upstairs bit and a
two-storey bit where the stairs are. Obviously where two bits meet in fresh
air, you need to create a 'wall' which has a U value of zero - but the
temperature will be the same on both 'sides', so it doesn't really matter.
--
Cheers,
Roger