Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Walker Steve Walker is offline

Default Public Toilets - Press down taps

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 22:16:50 +0100, Rod wrote:

wrote:
On 10 Aug,
Mike Barnes wrote:

I find the taps OK but the hand detectors used in hot-air dryers are
something else. It's apparently beyond the wit of man to design a
detector that actually works properly.

I never use warm air dryers. They just blow the bugs back onto your hands. I
just drip dry mine if nothing hygenic is available, they dry quite quickly
due to body heat.

I almost never use them because they are so noisy. Seems to be the
perfect tinnitus trigger...

And I bet you just love those ones that don't use heat at all, but just a
high speed airflow! We first encountered one of these at a children's theme
park and it was so noisy that the kids were too scared to use it - the
thing was uncomfortably loud from *outside* the toilet block.

SteveW