Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default OT - cell phone advice

Phisherman wrote:
On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 06:14:31 -0700, "cm" wrote:

You can buy a pay as you go phone at Wal Mart for around $30. As long as
they don't use it much it will not cost too much. The phone card you buy to
load minute onto the phone expires at some point after it is activated so if
you buy 30 minutes and don't use all those minutes within that time frame
they will expire.

Good luck,

cm

I don't like that. If I keep a cell phone in the glove box of my
truck, it expires, I have an emergency, then what? Do Tracfones
expire too?

Any cell phone I've ever heard of can always call 911 even if it's not
paid, registered or whatever. If you keep it in the car, better have a
charger that plugs into the cig lighter. Actually my brother just told
me there is a cheap low wattage $10 inverter so you can use the free
120VAC charger in the car and never buy another special car charger again.