Posted to alt.home.repair
Oscar Oscar is offline

Default Ridiculous FHA rules

"Big Jim" wrote in message
If there was a number the OP did not mention. It sounds as if he is
being jerked around by an inspector. I agree there should be no
complaint if he signed that form and there is a dollar amount in that
blank. I'm sorry you got ripped off . You just cant understand that
other than C.O . and temites a seller really has no legal obligation
to fix anything. The buyer and lender are free to walk. FHA, DOT,
BBC, NYC, TNT, DDT whoever cannot force anyone to fix anything unless
it is agreed to in a contract.

I owe you an apology, accusing you for posting in HTML. Thanks to Doug for
pointing it out.

Sorry Jim! I got carried away. But, I'm still LOL, guess the LOL is on me.
Have at it!

Back to about the obligation. If someone wants to sell FHA, and can't meet
FHA minimum standards, then they're not going to sell FHA. They wasted
everyone's time. Just say upfront, no FHA/VA. There's no reason to play
games.