Posted to alt.home.repair
PatM PatM is offline

Default OT - cell phone advice

On Aug 11, 8:53*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
My parents are still able to drive, go shopping, eat out,
and so on. But, there have been a couple moments when the
car broke down. Or, one was out, and the other didn't know
why it was taking so long. I suggested they get a cell
phone. The reply was that we don't *have the money to
support another monthly bill.

I've heard of phones where you buy the minutes in advance.
Has anyone used such a phone, and which brand, where bought,
etc? If it was twenty bucks or so, I'd buy the phone
outright, and give it to them as a gift.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

For about $10 per month you can probably add a line to YOUR account
for them. Then YOU pay the bill and they get it for free. They then
use YOUR minutes. Plus the phone will probably be free with a
contract. They will then be able to call you for free and that'll
make you the good son.