Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

Default OT - cell phone advice

https://www.virginmobileusa.com/myvirginmobile/home.do
Avoid Virgin Mobile at all costs. The problem is that you can only use
Sprint's network. There is no roaming at all, even at extra cost.
Sprint's network is very limited, especially outside urban areas.

See "http://prepaiduswireless.com" for details on the best prepaid
services.

Is there anything wrong with Virgin Mobile, other than limited
coverage area?

1. High per minute cost (recently increased)

Guess it comes down to what you need. Per minute cost means little to me as
seldom as I use my cell. I don't burn up the 27 minutes included with the $5
required monthly charge.

2. High texting rates (they used to have the lowest texting rates)

I seldom text\email. When I do it's still cheaper than cell use.

3. Comparatively high monthly minimum (not really suitable for a glove
compartment phone).

Again I'm not up to speed on current\new requirements, but with our plan we
incur NO monthly minimums.