Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Circuit went out - how much to fix?

Higgs Boson wrote in news:3e073f64-927a-4e74-9a71-
:

I posted this already (I thought) but can't find. Here goes again.

One electrical circuit has gone out, comprising four outlets.
Typical So. Calif stucco house.

I checked the breaker covering that circuit but it didn't help.

Meantime I am working around by using other outlets (no, I am
not overloading), but would like to fix that circuit if I can
afford it (little low in the wallet right now).

Anybody have a clue what this might run (Los Angeles
prices).

Also, curious why a circuit would just go out like that.
No rain (wish we had some!); no apparent cause.
Anybody?

TIA

Turn off the breaker.
Now see what else is not working.
Note the additional outlets that are not working.
Remove (not disco) most probable (closest) WORKING outlet next to an
always dead outlet.
Turn on power.
Test for power on both sides of the outlet.
If power only on one side then this is the bad outlet.
If power on both sides then see next.
Turn off power
Remove (not disco) most probable (closest) NON-working outlet next to the
previously tested outlet.
Repeat testing as above.
Repeat moving to next dead outlet.

Not foolproof that you find it doing this but a high probability.

Post back with results.