Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default OT - cell phone advice

On 11 Aug 2009 22:54:20 GMT, RobertPatrick wrote:

[snip]

You're going to have to call customer service. The Rep has to give you
special code numbers to enter into the new phone and to also transfer any
minutes from the old phone.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2125116_tran...one-units.html

My first Tracfone (bought in 2000) required typing in these long code
numbers. The one I got in about 2005 did not. You still have to call
customer service to transfer units. Both units and days were
transferred. I did have to get a new phone number, possibly because of
the change from CDMA to GSM.

BTW, in case you don't know about the technology, GSM phones are the
ones with SIM cards.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent
force for atheism ever conceived." -- Isaac Asimov