Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking,alt.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default Best way to cut vertical slots through round posts?

"dpb" wrote

After a hot wire has been in place for a while, cattle in particular will
not willingly cross the location where it has been even if it's taken down
for quite some time. I'll never forget the time we added a hot wire
around the top of the bull pen because the bull would just push over
anything in place to achieve his objective of "visiting" even though he
was as gentle and tamed to follow as a dog his size allowed him to even
eventually push over railroad tie-built solid fences. We finall did add
the wire. When it was turned on, he sniffed around it (any tiny arcing
creates some ozone they can smell) and finally reached out and licked that
sucker...no fence pushing after that.
--

Yep, every farmboy has ****ed on an electric fence. That experience stays
with you.

One of the things we used to do to our city cousins was to talk them into
****ing on the electric fence. Which proves two things. Young boys do stupid
things. And we were easily amused.