Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default OT - cell phone advice

SMS wrote:
aemeijers wrote:

I have Virgin Mobile, which works out to around 8 bucks a month. But
with any pre-paid, you need to make sure it has coverage in the area
where it will be used.

You really need to be careful with prepaid services that don't allow
off-native-network roaming.

Many of the prepaid services allow you to use any compatible network
(CDMA or GSM), sometimes at extra cost, sometimes included.
Virgin/Sprint is not one of those services.

Virgin is among the worst prepaid options out there. It has a high price
per minute, high texting costs, high monthly minimums, poor coverage
with no roaming, and a horrible web site. Maybe now that Sprint fully
owns Virgin they'll do something about fixing it.

Won't do me much good, unless I write off the couple of hundred in
airtime I have on account. They Don't Do Refunds. Maybe when I retire
and move south in a couple 3 years, I'll switch then, or get a real cell
phone in lieu of a landline. In the meantime, it works well enough for
MOST of the places I go.

--
aem sends...