Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Ridiculous FHA rules

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 16:22:49 -0400, "Oscar" wrote:

"dpb" wrote in message

snip
All as a long-winded way of say the OP needs to get somebody on his
nickel and if the inspector is, slap him up the side 'o the head w/ the
fact he's getting paid by one side and seemingly working for the other in
the deal.

Actually, Big Jim reminds me of myself, back when I didn't have a clue
about FHA. People tried to give me advice _not_ to sell FHA. I was one of
these, yeah I'll get my lawyer. Well, lawyer's don't give advice for free,
if you have one on a retainer, it's still not free. Bottom line, you're not
gonna break a contract, without paying through the nose.

Actually, all he has to do is... NOTHING.

The house has failed the buyer's inspection. The seller has NO
obligation to make it pass. If the contract stipulated that the house
must pass the inspection fopr the deal to be completed, then guess
what? Game, set, match.