Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Best way to cut vertical slots through round posts?

RonB wrote:

I suspect they are strung on "T-Posts". T-Posts are an extruded metal
shape with a large, flat plate welded along the length and near the
bottom. They are driven into the ground so the plate is buried and
used for wire fences, usually barbed wire. They might look a little
spindly but they are a pretty effective and economic fence system.

And they make electrical insulators that fit on T-posts nicely for
smooth wire, electrified fences ... we used them a lot for temporarily
cross fencing a pasture to keep from overgrazing since they're so easy
to put up ... a 2' section of 2 7/8 production tubing, with a plate
welded across the top, and a couple of U shaped re-bar handles welded to
the sides, makes an effective fence post "driver".

Most horses will eventually walk right through a smooth wire fence
without electrification, and the propensity of a horse to suffer serious
injury from fencing being directionally proportional to the horses
worth, you really don't want barbed wire around most modern breeds.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08