Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Need a battery?

RCM only

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 19:04:01 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"Curly Surmudgeon" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 18:23:07 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Nicholas" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:49:25 -0400, Cliff wrote:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/conten...xt/?cid=164942
[
"I just had to have the battery replaced on my defibrillator," she
explained. "I
was in there two days and it was $196,000." ]

Just the hospital bills so far I expect. Doctors will bill next.

$72,960 for the pacemaker

I know. My 1 stent (I have a total of 5 in me now) and my ICD/PM cost
$80,000 US. Good thing I have Health Insurance! My *unit* needs to be
replaced about every 3 to 5 or is it 5 years, depending on how quickly
the non-rechargeable battery wears down.

My five stents were billed at something like $40,000. The whole deal,
including four days total in two hospitals, was $220,000.

However, my insurance company paid $48,000 and everybody was happy.

More evidence of the scam. Why should insurance companies get a break?

--
Regards, Curly

That's a good question, and fixing that little atrocity should be the very
first step in reforming the health care system.

Amen, but your President and his men aren't doing (or even
considering) that, are they? Nor did Shrub, etc. deep sigh

--
Seen on a bumper sticker:

STOP THE INVASION
REOCCUPY MEXICO