Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

Default Bathroom ceiling paint question

On Aug 11, 9:44*pm, "BigWallop"
wrote:

After buffing the cladding with a sanding machine, you might find a lovely
light pine wood underneath the stain. *A clear coat of yacht varnish looks
great on new light pine, as it brings out the woods grain. *Well, I think
so, anyway. :-)

On a related note ... our kitchen/diner is lined with heavily
varnished pine T&G type material - and yes it looks like a sauna.
SWMBO quite likes it though, and it may hide a multitude of sins
underneath. I'd quite like to sand it down and refinish, something
like you suggest - but I wonder about the best way of getting at the
'valleys' between the boards. A wire brush in a drill? Nitromors? or
something else??

Thanks
J^n