Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bolted[_3_] Bolted[_3_] is offline

Default SWA with copper grinning/shining thro cores along length

On 11 Aug, 17:45, John Rumm wrote:
js.b1 wrote:
Image is of SWA cable, BASEC approved.
http://tinypic.com/r/2j1lamr/3

Brown, Blue & Grey insulated cores show the copper "grinning through"
to the extent of being shiny at regular intervals along the cable.
Black & Gr/Ye insulated cores show marks, but no copper "grinning
through". Depending on where you exposed the bedding you would not
know, however the idea is the cores are *continuously insulated* -
oddly enough.

Yes it will probably pass a 1kV IR test.
Yes most face the inside of the bedding, rather than facing the armour
- but not all do.

I think I would be looking to the supplier to replace that!

--
Cheers,

John.

It looks like product-recall territory to me.