Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I told you so: Taliban winning in Afghanistan

On 8/11/2009 9:18 AM Bob F spake thus:

Doug Miller wrote:

Clearly you were *not* paying attention. Come back after you've
educated
yourself on the relationship between Al Qaeda and the Taliban prior
to October 2001. Google is your friend.

Who's not paying attention?

The Taliban offered to turn Bin Laden over to a third party for trial. We could
have taken them up on it and he would have been tried and probably convicted.
But the U.S. wouldn't trust their allies to do the job, so he's still
threatening us. Instead, we invaded a country that has defeated every invader
it's ever had.

You might also take a look at the history of the U.S. and Bin Laden. After all,
we did finance his rise to power.

Right-o.

And speaking of Google, one might google "blowback" ...